- The Growth of Knowledge is a 10 minute video by CrashCourse that provides an overview of Piaget’s stages of cognitive development.
- Over at cuppacocoa, blogger and former teacher JoEllen describes real-world examples of scaffolding in her post The Zone of Proximal Development.
- Lev Vygotsky’s Theory of Cognitive Development is an 11-minute video by Altaf Solangi
- Vygotsky and Scaffolding is a 4-minute video by Peter Lyon
- In this 20-minute TedX Talk titled Seymour Papert: Inventor of Everything, Gary Stager introduces Seymour Papert’s “wit, wisdom, and powerful ideas.”
- Explore the Digital Literacy and Citizenship Classroom Curriculum. Brainstorm some ways you can incorporate digital literacy and digital literacy into your programming or activities within a library setting.
- Your Brain On Video Games - In this TED Talk, Daphne Bavelier discusses some potential benefits of video games.
- Gaming Can Make a Better World - In this TED Talk, Jane McGonigal talks about how video games can be used for social good.