CC-BY-SA by ConnectedLib
In this module, you will learn how to expand your programs, your resources, and your audience by partnering with people and organizations in the community.
After completing this module, you will be able to...
- Describe how an effective community partnership can support connected learning (Section 1: Introduction)
- Identify the benefits of a partnership to both the library and the partner (Section 2: What is a Community Partnership?)
- Identify the opportunities and challenges involved in working with four different types of partners (Section 3: Types of Partners)
- Develop and maintain a community partnership (Section 4: Establishing a Partnership)
Community Partnerships KWL
Complete this worksheet by first describing your experience (if any) with forming or maintaining a community partnership. Then create a list of what you already know (the K in KWL) about community partnerships. In the second column, write down what you want (W) to learn in this module. You’ll fill out the last column, what you learned (L) when you have completed this module.
|What do you already know about community partnerships?||What do you want to learn about community partnerships?||What did you learn from this module about community partnerships? (You will answer this question at the end of the module.)|
How to Use This Module
Navigate this module using the menu on the left side of the page.
- Each section has learning outcomes which are displayed in blue like this.
Quotes from researchers and practitioners look like this.
At the end of each section, there are additional resources for you to explore further on your own if you choose. Ready to get started? Let’s begin with Section 1: Introduction to Community Parnerships.