Introduction to Connected Learning
CC-BY-SA by ConnectedLib
In this module, Introduction to Connected Learning, you will learn what connected learning is and why it is important, and evaluate your youth programs to see how well they incorporate connected learning principles.
- Describe connected learning and what it connects, and navigate the ConnectedLib modules (Section 1: Introduction).
- Implement the four connected learning design principles (Section 2: Connected Learning Design Principles).
- Explain how connected learning fits into your library’s mission and goals (Section 3: Why Your Library Needs Connected Learning).
- Develop an action plan to implement connected learning in your library, no matter how big or small (Section 4: Getting Started With Connected Learning in Your Library).
Learning Aid: Connected Learning KWL
Complete this worksheet by first describing your experience (if any) with connected learning. Then create a list of what you already know (the K in KWL) about connected learning. In the second column, write down what you want (W) to learn in this module. You’ll fill out the last column, what you learned (L), when you have completed this module.
|What do you already know about connected learning?||What do you want to learn about connected learning?||What did you learn from this module about connected learning? (You will answer this question at the end of the module.)|
How to Use This Module
Navigate this module using the menu on the left side of the page.
- Each section has learning outcomes which are displayed in blue like this.
Quotes from researchers and practitioners look like this.
At the end of each module, there are additional resources for you to explore further on your own if you choose.
Ready to get started? Let’s begin with Section 1: Introduction to Connected Learning.