CC-BY-SA by ConnectedLib
In this module you will get to know your teens, your neighborhood, and the community assets that can help you create connected learning experiences in your library.
After completing this module, you will be able to...
- Understand what community mapping is and how it can benefit your library (Section 1: Introduction)
- Recognize the assets in your community (Section 2: Community Assets)
- Describe the process of creating a community asset map (Section 3: The Community Mapping Process)
- Understand what to do with a completed community asset map (Section 4: Now What)
Community Mapping KWL
Complete this worksheet by creating a list of what you already know (the K in KWL) about the purpose or process of community mapping. In the second column, write down what you want (W) to learn in this module. You’ll fill out the last column, what you learned (L) when you have completed this module.
|What do you already know about community mapping?||What do you want to learn about community mapping?||What did you learn from this module about community mapping? (You will answer this question at the end of the module.)|
How to Use This Module
Navigate this module using the menu on the left side of the page.
- Each section has learning outcomes which are displayed in blue like this.
Quotes from researchers and practitioners look like this.
At the end of each section, there are additional resources for you to explore further on your own if you choose. Ready to get started? Let’s begin with Section 1: What Is Community Mapping?